Monday, May 30, 2011

And so there we lay.

Carefully-constructed words aimed cautiously at the other.
Voices hushed and low.
Controlled to keep the emotions behind them at bay.
Bitten tongues and wary walk-aways.
A pageful of "never mind"s and "it's ok"s.
Not knowing whether to empathize or hate.
Gingerly leaving a frayed knot alone lest it twines even more around itself.
Wanting to despise and lash back, but understanding the unwanted consequences.
Lost.
That's what I am.
That's what you are.
That's what everyone was/is/will be.

My thoughts confound me, they really do.
Am I capable of all these?

A fleeting moment of glory.
Of fondness for the beauty of the play of words.

I need to find The Still Point again.
That book is the epitome of perfection.
It is the reason I love to write.
It is, no other words, my inspiration.
I need to find it.
I need to find it so I can lose myself once more in the icy cool transcience of it all.

My favourite book, no doubt, besides A Little Princess.
The tale of a young wife, promising to wait for her husband the unsung hero exploring the Pole.

I hate teen books now.
So shallow.
Those from the adult section are much more appealing.

The Still Point just screams me.
It is me.
I am trapped in some silly Elizabethan era, am I not?
Is it not the reason I think the way I do?

I need to find The Still Point.

You brought me into this.
I never asked for any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment