Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'll admit it, I was scared to answer love's call

Not again, oh, this ain't supposed to happen to me.

You see the hate that they serving on a platter.
So what we gon have, dessert or disaster?

I never thought I'd, be in love like this.
When I look at you my mind goes on a trip.
Then you came in and knocked me on my face.
Feels like I'm in a race, but I already won first place.

I never thought I'd fall for you as hard as I did.

Every morning I look at you and smile.
'Cause boy, you came around.
And you knocked me down, knocked me down.

I never thought I'd hear myself say,
"Y'all go ahead, think I'm gonna kick it with my girl today."
I used to be commander-in-chief for my pimp ship flyin high
Till I met this pretty little missile that shot me out the sky.

Now I'm crashing.
Don't know how it happened.
But I know it feels so damn good.

We were never meant to be,
Baby we just happened.
So please don't mess up the trick.

They say I move too quick, but we can't let this moment pass us.
Let the hourglass pass right into ashes.
Let the wind blow the ash right before my glasses.
So I wrote this love letter right before my classes.

How could a goddess ask someone that's only average for advice
Omg, you listen to that bitch!
Woe is me, baby this is tragic.
'Cause we had it.
We was magic.
I was flying, now I'm crashing.

Say you gotta put the good and the bad, the happy and sad.
So will you bring a better future than I had in the past?
Oh 'cause I don't wanna make the same mistake I did.
Don't wanna fall back on my face again.

I'll admit it, I was scared to answer love's call.
And if it hits better make it worth the fall.

Won't see it coming when it happens,
but when it happens, you gonna feel it let me tell you now.

See, when love comes and knocks you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment