Monday, August 6, 2012

a kind, kind little darling thing

Perhaps I should take to using quotes from books as well to be used as titles.

Oh dear.
I really shouldn't be blogging to-night but I cannot help myself.
I'd been visiting Sara's Scrapbook a lot lately - it is so beautiful.
It is the epitome of beauty and purity and happiness.
I cannot express enough my gladness of having someone as wonderful as Sara on Tumblr.
(And the knowledge that she is fortunate enough to be named Sara..!)

Presently my head and heart is engulfed with (again) the love for things vintage and stories classic.
How beautiful it must be to live in these times.
I am listening to the soundtracks for Pride and Prejudice and have never been happier in days.
The music is so impeccably simple, but still so grand.

I am so dearly looking forward to the peace and solitude - I've been speaking of solitude so much lately, haven't I? - that would come with the last month of the year.
When it does arrive, I think I will immerse myself in everything classic.
That is to say,
1. Read everything Jane Austen.
2. Read other classics - Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, The Importance of Being Earnest, God knows what else I can get my hungry hands on.
3. Watch Pride & Prejudice (2005).
Shan't these quell my insatiable desire?
I feel like swallowing them them whole - all these books.

'The difficulty will be to keep her from learning too fast and too much. She is always sitting with her little nose burrowing into books. She doesn't read them, Miss Minchin; she gobbles them up as if she were a little wolf instead of a little girl. She is always starving for new books to gobble, and she wants grown-up books - great, big, fat ones - French and German as well as English - history and biography and poets, and all sorts of things.'

I think it is good, isn't it, that I have something to hold on to.

And wouldn't it be lovely if the whole world was made of readers?
How one lives without books baffles me to no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment