Monday, October 20, 2014

living la dolce vita

EEEEEEEKkkkKkkKkkkkK I MADE A NEW FRIEND TODAY!!!
I know I sound like a wee child gushing over her newfound mate on the first day of playschool, but this has been the absolute highlight of my (otherwise dreary, potentially stressful) Monday!

It happened all very cutely imo!
See, the thing is we've been Tumblr/Twitter mutuals for a million moons and we've always talked on there, but irl I'm just a shy timid loser and we rarely interact, even when we cross paths. (Only shy, quiet smiles and "hello"s and tbh we were really precious then)
Then ~things~ happened and it ended up with me asking her (it's Shu Yu) out for lunch/tea and she said YES and everything felt surreal??? (P sure I was shaking and nervous and all flustered, even with the other Big Thing which had led to all this in the first place.)
Okay but all I know is that the moment we saw each other we just started giggling and laughing and giggling because the circumstances were so funny, so hilarious, and it made everything else feel the same way.
(Note: Mutual friend Audrey got v confused and asked if I had a crush on Shu Yu which, tbh, made us crack up even more.)
And so we went for lunch and talked for so long and clicked so fast it was p mad that we were never real life friends any earlier.

Okay now I know why this has got me feeling so thrilled and ecstatic -- it's like meeting an Internet friend for the first time.
(Sooo will this also be how I feel when I see Janelle for the first time?)
God, I am just so...glad! that this happened.
It felt so heckin good to have someone understand everything without me feeling like I needed to purposefully/uncomfortably/unwillingly bare myself.
Omg good friends, you feel?

: )

A little (a lot) late into the year, but I am glad it happened all the same.
This definitely belongs in the "Good Things" tag.

ps. The whole process of gaining my composure before seeing her was so nerve-wracking. Would've been easier getting ready to see a boy. This is because impressing girls is way harder and way more important than impressing any simple boy would ever be. Trust me this is 100% true.

UPDATE: she just sent me a good night text i am beaming so hard tbh the sun shines sky is blue i am dead and friends are good

No comments:

Post a Comment