Monday, July 22, 2013

don't take nothing from nobody

anyway I can't sleep right now so maybe I'll just write about what happened a week ago
(again, for personal reference)
in one single line
turns out they won't let me see the xx
and ok I see u you're thinking
what
but yes ok
I broke down
I told u I would be ruined/wrecked if I don't manage to see them
so here u go
I was ruined
it was supposed to be
the thing that keeps me going
the thing on the horizon I can look forward to
u feel me
in a time when everything feels like it is in a disarray
I thought
hey maybe
maybe this can be one thing that is fixed and sure
it's just there I don't have to worry about it not being there
it's something I won't mess up
it's something handed to me not something I have to create myself
(and henceforth destroy inevitably)
and I've thought of it for so long
I've been looking forward to it since
oh since just march only march nbd
I've been thinking hard of the things that would happen on the evening of august 2nd
what I would wear
how I would get there
applause and all
for them live
thank u for giving me something to listen to for when I am not in this world, for when I am ethereal
thank u for being the soundtrack to my uk trip (very aptly so)
thank u for creating one of my favourite larry anthems
thank u
thank you
it's even on my bucketlist
(a list of things that constitute my light:
future ed sheeran/the xx gigs)
it's harsh
because I have to let go of this
and
idk
it's harsh because I had to give it up for something that is entirely embedded on faith
which
faith means you believe even if it's not something concrete
and I can't take anything not concrete at this point in my life
(existential crisis I guess)
so I had to trade and it was painful
and cruel
I was thinking
and idk if I may ever get the chance to see them again
or hear of them ever again
I mean
indie groups that are so intimate
but I broke down
the way
a highly-strung person would
when she realises on a monday morning that
she's forgotten to bring her earpieces.

well I'm not saying the xx is trivial
it's not
I'm saying that it shook me up so bad
the way it won't
under normal circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment