Monday, July 15, 2013

even a thousand miles can't keep us apart

I want Janelle to be here.
and we would have week-long sleepovers
and I would show her around singapore
and she would eat all kinds of singaporean food
and I would know what she thinks of durian
and I would tell her all my secrets
and she won't think i'm silly
and she'll tell me if i'm doing things wrong
and criticise me where necessary
and I would know she has flaws
but it's ok
and since she's technically younger than me
i'd have this urge to keep her safe
and in turn someday
i'd go back with her
and taste the food her mom makes
and see her sister and brother 
and explore florida and/or jamaica
and we'd sleep in the same bed
because we protect each other and all
(words of affirmation)
anyway if u are wondering we are not in love
this isn't a long-distance relationship
it's a long-distance friendship
which is equally sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment