Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Shallow. I'm being shallow here. (But too bad, suck it up.)

You said you were/are an "aspiring anorexic".
I almost choked on whatever I was having.
Huh?
Excuse me?
You don't, you just don't aspire to be anorexic.
You can't.
Do you not understand that anorexia nervosa is not only an eating disorder, but also a mental disorder?
You can't make yourself have a mental disorder, can you?
What you're doing, it's called dieting.
Read my lips.
D-I-E-T-I-N-G.
Honey, dieting and being anorexic is in a million ways different.
I mean, me, I am in no way anorexic, but I guess I can pass as one..?
But you. just. can't!
And I suppose I'm just ticked off at how you pretty much insulted every anorexic out there.
If you "aspire" to be one and are announcing it to the universe, you should give the right impression and upkeep their reputation, or at the very least, the stereotype.
And I also hate, depise, detest, abhor! how you say it so nonchalantly, as if starving yourself is easy.
Let me tell you, it is not.
It. Is. Not.
You think it's not difficult at all, depriving your body its basic necessities?
Well I'll tell you now, it's plain torture.
But they persevere hard enough to get what they want, so it's worth it.
Every single second.
But surely you can't see that?
Being anorexic is about what you want to achieve, not about what you will be able to brag about.
(The latter is only, after all, just a bonus.)
So clear all your ignorant misconceptions, and stray away from anorexia.
Because it is, anyway, 'not healthy', is it not?
And it will be such a disgrace to every anorexic out there.
If you do continue with whatever you think you believe in.
All in all, just do me a favor and not insult them.
It's sick.
PS. I bet you hardly know the theory behind ana/mia either.

No comments:

Post a Comment