Saturday, June 30, 2012

in this very moment I'm king

For the past two nights successively I feel as if they have been in great disorient.
My dreams were comprised of nothing and yet everything.
But I shan't speak too elaborately on that.

Really, I should be truthful and admit that last night I disregarded completely my promise to "sleep at 10".
I started watching Lost In Austen - all 4 parts of it.
(Lost In Austen is incredible.
It is a fantasy series of a modern girl, Amanda Price, who inadvertently found herself in the 19th century, and in the company of the Bennet family and all the other characters((!!!)) and Elizabeth Bennet gets trapped in Amanda's London so the plot of her favorite book gets messed up and she had to try to fix things and stuff but it all ended so differently/interestingly.)
I think I am simply, absolutely smitten with Jane Austen and her writing and Pride & Prejudice.

You cannot possibly blame me; could you ever?
Ugh! I cannot describe it justly enough.
I love the romance, the poetry of the English then; how everything is a little disclosed.
Spoken English now is so.. I don't know.. crude!
It is so sharp and unpleasant and most definitely in-your-face.
Odious.

I read A Little Princess and got immersed in the elegant way of speech in the 1900s.
Then I go another century back to the 1800s in Pride & Prejudice and discover something a thousand times more extravagant.
I feel as if I were born 200 years too late.

Oh, I cannot.
I truly cannot.
I am thinking of how I can ever put into description how I feel about the language before.
But I must say I have taken to speaking a *little* bit more old-fashionedly because it pleases me.
Ahaha.

In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.
This.
This is Darcy's declaration of love to Elizabeth.
You cannot deny that it is beautiful.

Amanda: You're staring at me, Caroline. It's a bit freaky.. *realises* ..Good grief.
Caroline: Charles told me your secret. It is my secret too. I shall get my paws on Darcy and I shall marry him.. because it is correct. And necessary and expected by everyone, including God. But the physical society of men is something I never sought. *advances nearer to Amanda* I should endure it with Darcy because endurance is a specialty of our sex. But the poetry of Sappho is the only music that shall ever touch my heart..though I have yet to play it on the instrument myself. *lightly touches Amanda's lips* I wanted you to know this. A little..sisterly communion.

What a twist (amidst thousands more).
Which is reason enough for why I love Lost in Austen.



Okay, yes.
You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment