Saturday, July 7, 2012

now all I want is peace

Miraculous.
It is the only word to describe it.


Last night, in the bathroom, I was just removing my ear studs before the shower.
Very, very carelessly, I dropped one of them onto the floor.
I was all "oh shucks", naturally, and so went on my knees searching for the tiny golden pieces.
I found the rose stud easy enough, but its backing..!
It was nowhere..nowhere.

I was thinking of how impossible it was for it to have disappeared so suddenly.
I shook the mat, searched my clothes, my hair, the floor, the gaps under the door and cabinets, every possible inch of the bathroom.
And it was still just not there.
How strange, and I was getting majorly frustrated.
(I cried the tiniest bit.)
It would not be the same; the set is incomplete without the essential support.
Everything had come to me together, and it was supposed to stay that way.
I mean, I know I can get some other backing for it, but it would not be the same.
The ear studs would be ruined and spoiled.
They wouldn't be perfect anymore.


I was a little bit in despair and helplessness, so this is what I said:
"Dearest guardian angel, will you please help me find it? I am so sorry for troubling you with such a menial task, but I need it so much for all to be right again. You really don't have to do it if you find it too trivial, but I would love to have it back."


Afterwards I didn't feel as bad.
I mean, a little calm, even.
Like I could just let it all go and not have to worry about it anymore.


How unusual, isn't it then, that as I was in the bathroom again tonight, and in the shower area where there was almost no possibility of the tiny, tiny backing being there because it could never have flung itself through the glass doors, I found it.
Actually I felt something small and solid under the sole of my foot.
I tried not to get my hopes up.
But I looked.
And.
There it was.


Impossible.
It could never have happened.
I had searched the whole bathroom, and I promise that I meant that literally.
Something that small.
What are the odds, right?
How could it have appeared suddenly in such a vulnerable position near the shower drain, and survived a full 24 hours without getting washed down, or kicked away or something like that.


Okay.
I really have a guardian angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment