Friday, July 20, 2012

square root of 69 is 8 some, right?

It is Ramadan again!
I am quite glad.
I feel as if I have a lot of things to do with myself.
I've felt empty for so long perhaps I should start nourishing myself.


Magical things have happened to me the past week.
I know this might be sounding silly, that I must sound a little deranged, but it is true.


One of the more intolerable days I had all the songs I wished for playing on the radio.
And today.
Today I was at the library counter and what do you suppose I saw!
It was the audio book of A Little Princess!
Really, it was unshelved and laid so unassumingly on the table I felt as if it were waiting for me.
It was, wasn't it?
It was for me, and I could not get myself away from it.

I could never have let it go.
It was not quite satisfactory presently to have it now since the circumstances are SO undesirable but what else could I have done?
It was there, it really was, and lying in wait for me.



'Oh, papa!' she cried. 'There is Emily!'


A flush had risen to her face, and there was an expression on her green-grey eyes as if she had just recognized someone she was intimate with and fond of.


'She is actually waiting for us!' she said. 'Let us go in to her.'


I took it with me because it must have meant something for it to emerge so abruptly.
You see, coincidences don't just happen.
Perhaps it meant a way to take away my emptiness, I don't quite know.


And I think everyone's breaking down.
Ahaha I don't know what to say, really.
I'm just thinking it because so many are, too.
Just a few days ago Farah & I were moping about our..future.
It was funny because it was at the end of some long crappy day and we were so drained we sounded drunk.
Drunk people talk is always funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment