Tuesday, May 14, 2013

she was warm, she came around

Ah yes finally, my first book in w e e k s.
You might think me deranged for doing this in the midst of a loaded week, but oh, ought you blame me?
I am quite parched I think, of reading material that is not the newspapers or comprehension passages or othello or waterland or fanfiction.
And it is a lovely book that - like every other beautiful thing in my life - I chanced upon with light, curious fingertips.
It was just there and it is perfect in the way that it is thin with feuilles of short rewritten fairytales, in the most ornate, Romanesque language and.
And I'm in love with it :(
Also, the first story is The Bloody Chamber (a spin-off of Bluebeard), and it's a bloody scary version so how amazing is that, really.
Scary and eerily beautiful because it's been rewritten in a more dark, adulterated manner and it roped in the whole sexuality theme, and there is so much to think about in it.
'There is striking resemblance between the act of love and the ministrations of a torturer,' opined my husband's favourite poet; I have learned something of the nature of that similarity on my marriage bed.
I wish I were more eloquent and clever with my language to express how much I loved this piece of prose, but alas.
(Is this what happens when you read too much fanfiction??!!)

You know, sometimes I think one of the worst things of leaving a school is how you may never leave it with the satisfaction of having read every single book in the vast collection of its library.

No comments:

Post a Comment