Monday, May 13, 2013

take a walk on the wild side

Am not gonna lie, I don't think I regret being a larry shipper or a one direction fan (not gonna say directioner because ugh).
Ever since December of '12, good things have been happening for me.
Here's another list.

1. Complete understanding that the music industry is an ugly place. (or complete enough, anyway.)
PR stunts, manipulations, the imposing of certain images on the boys for the sake of making big money.

"Haylor"'s too obvious on the PR STUNT list.
First 'date' at the very public Central Park in New York City accompanied by Harry's stylist and her family?
'Romance' (short-lived one, at that) starting right before 1D & Taylor Swift's world tours and around the time Taylor's new single would be released, the same single that could be manipulated enough to make it seem like it's about Harry?
Morning 'walk-of-shames' out the front door of Taylor's hotel when enough care can be taken to sneak Harry the least overt way possible (IF they were even sleeping together)?
Yeah, I call bullshit too.
Thank god they broke the contract/agreement.

The boys are marketed as this group of sweet, innocent baby-faced lads when hahaha no.
I still don't get why so much of their merch features their 2011 selves.
(We see what you're doing, modest!.)
That's not them, they're more than their monikers.
It's 2013, I think they've progressed enough from their fetus days.
And the truth is the boys aren't normal people; they aren't your "typical boys-next-door"; they're not "attainable".
But that's what the media/management wants you to think.
That's how they milk every penny they can from these boys - by tapping on the very desires of screaming teenage fangirls with wedding fancies, on that maybe-just-maybe-he'd-fall-in-love-with-a-fan hope.
And you know what would shatter this image of attainability, therefore reducing this crazed interest in the boyband?
If one of them was gay.
(Lbr we can safely say there's two of them.)

I just really don't like their management, yeah?

2. I haven't been any gay-er ever since Larry.
No, m'not gay.
It's just I've never been more supportive of equal rights ever.
I don't know, it's just.
Tumblr has made me so much more open to all this.
Yeah, thanks for showing me that love sees past gender.

3. You're part of a big damn community.
Do you want to know how many people believe in larry?
Based on a poll, uh, more than 14, 000, 000.
Yeah, that's right.
Fourteen million.
Among whom are people who've been married for twenty years and women who've raised children so I think they'd know pretty damn well what love might look like.
So if you know Larry's real we're friends without question.

4. Acquaintance with so much more good music.
Is that ironic or.
Being part of the 1D fandom's opened doors to amazing music, not gonna lie.
It's funny because the boys' music tastes are definitely not what constitutes the music on their albums.
And One Direction fans are really indie music fans who have no idea what they're doing here.
Well anyway.
I got the xx from a larry post someone made.
And with words unspoken
A silent devotion
And like hey I love this song what's the group called oh the xx let's listen to a couple other songs they have on youtube and then bam!.
And Frank Ocean.
I knew his song Thinking About You, and I l o v e d it but not much else, and then ocean sequence happened and bam! I have to listen to his other songs and bam! here I am.
And there's The Fray, and Ed Sheeran, and Emeli Sande.

I just really hate modest!management okay.
Poor, overworked, exploited boys.
So you see.
I'm a little conflicted.
Do I want to watch their 3D movie?
Yes.
Do I want to support the fact that the whole movie is probably scripted and their getting-mobbed scenes were encouraged and "This is" definitely NOT "Us"?
Yeah, probably not.

Harry & Louis' twitcam from years ago though.
:'(
I firmly believe that they are two best friends who were fated to fall in love.
and the tears stream down my face.

Also, the entire larry fandom is biting its nails, teetering on the edge of its seat.
We think something big larry-related will happen by the end of the year.
I mean, the recent influx of larry-suspicion articles can't be a coincidence, no?
Looks like modest! forgot to give out a few paychecks..
*prays it is them coming out*

No comments:

Post a Comment