Saturday, September 21, 2013

pull me closer if u think u can hang

hello friends
this is me telling you that
if you like
you may swear around me any time you please
I will not flinch
maybe I'd be surprised you're one who'd let yourself use "crude" language
but I won't mind
(because there isn't really a moral obligation to use "clean" language, is there?)
as long as you stray from using slurs that are homophobic, ableist, sexist, racist or words that, in any way, keep marginalised groups marginalised
that is to say, as long as you don't ever, ever say things like "retarded" or "that's so gay" to describe something that can't scientifically be gay
I would be perfectly ok with whatever you say.

no but really, if you think it's okay to say the r-word
it's not.

how much longer until people understand that the fucking clothes you choose to wear have nothing to do with your sexuality whatsoever

and i think this is insanely important too like
there're so many things wrong with thinking a man is gay just because he wears pink or if his mannerisms aren't stereotypically "masculine"
or something like that
I mean ok
there is a slightly higher chance of someone being not-heterosexual if that someone doesn't act to fit the gender stereotype
but it does not ordain it.
imo the only way to determine someone's sexuality in a fair manner
is to see who the person is actually sexually attracted to
that is all.

or if you are really curious you can just ask the person ya.

also i'm trying to not remember when i was as ignorant as described above it makes me cringe so bad
jfc the sadness of being raised in a heteronormative society.

No comments:

Post a Comment