Monday, August 1, 2011

The Old Man and The Sea

I've just finished reading it and it was a pleasant piece.
I really do feel for the old man.
How cruel it must be to have fought for something so beautiful so badly, only to have it mauled and destroyed by inhuman beings of blind greed.
The descriptive aspects if the book is charming as well- I shall try to incorporate it into my own writings.
It was a darling surprise to have such an engaging plot even though the story is just of an old fisherman sailing out into the openness of the gulf, fighting to keep a beauteous marlin; fighting to keep it from the sea and its predators.
It really is ironic how much he had sacrificed himself for the "iridescent" creature and come back to the harbor with only its 18 ft skeletal remains.
He wanted to prove himself to the world, he wanted his patience to pay off, he wanted it, but the luck in which he believed in, was unkind.
What else.
Oh, his relationship with the marlin does fascinate me so.
He constantly refers to it as a "he", a "brother", but the passionate want to kill it seems rather..sorry.
Hmm.
I love food for thoughts like these.
(:

No comments:

Post a Comment