Sunday, May 9, 2010

And the childhood memories came flooding back

After the Mothers' Day dinner with my grandparents, we visited their house for a short moment. During the journey there, in the car, I put my arm beside the car window covered with small raindrops. Naturally, the shadows of the broken water splattered my limb. Immediately, my mind went back to those times when Anis and I would pretend those were chickenpox marks. And pretend it was raining whenever the car drove in a tunnel and cover our heads(including every other passenger) with tissue paper to protect ourselves from getting soaked with imaginary rain.

At home, I watched Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs, while reminiscing (with Anis once again) how we used to act out the scenes we liked the most. For example, that part where the evil queen made the potion to transform herself into an old hag.

Those memories... So precious. So.. out of reach... Yet so close to the heart... Seemed like just days ago when I went to the US for the holidays. Darn, that was when I was 4. But I remember. I remember taking a picture on this place with barrels. I remember lining up for this ET ride in Disneyland, while marvelling at those fans that breathe out cool water vapour. I remember how I argued with Anis because I wanted to sit in the perambulator. Gosh, I remember.

Why can't I leave all this frustration and go back to those times of innocence? Why?

(Because Science doesn't allow time-travelling...yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment