Saturday, March 2, 2013

like tonight's sky

I've also got the loveliest solat place (hahahah cute name) in the school.
It is secluded, and wide and sheltered, and if you look to your left whilst facing the kiblat, the beach is right there so the sea breeze is always so cooling.
(I love that VJ is so near the sea.)
It is there if you go behind the school hall and climb the stairs, so the hall washrooms are really nearby.
It is so perfect, I promise you.
A place so intimate and set-aside and you know that whoever you meet there, on the second level behind the school hall, is a fellow sister or brother, so it is never uncomfortable.
It is such a lovely place if you need a getaway.

(Also thanks to my perfect time-table, I have time on Tuesdays and Thursdays to skip over to Masjid An-Nahdhah next door to the moelc to solat Zuhur and Asar before, and Maghrib after lessons.
Hurray for me not missing solat times anymore!!)

People are great.
Sometimes I wonder why I have any reason to feel unloved because this is so untrue.
I have love coming from everywhere.
My classmates are brilliant people, and the ones I hang around are hilarious.
And they don't shy away from friendly, albeit crude banter.
It is like speaking to Anis, somewhat, and if I can speak to you like I do with my sister, then you are a keeper.

By that I mean we speak like this ok.
(Yayyy for larry whatsapp backgrounds.)

And then I have love coming from halfway across the world, because Janelle is an angel.
We've cried for each other, and traded golden words and she is really just the sweetest, loveliest friend.

And there is love from those I've had the fortune of making friends with during the most unsuspecting moments.
Munirah from when I was in the masjid and she was too because we both wanted to escape the firedrill moelc was having that day.
She remembers - she actually remembers - what ccas I was trial-ing for and what subjects I take from that short 15-minute conversation we had while waiting for the azan for Asar, and she's just sent me a message bearing her well wishes.
Also our mutual friends are Haiqal and Daiyana......it is a small, small world.
Sometimes at the masjid I also run into Syahirah, who was our chalet neighbour during the family getaway last cny holiday.
She's so bubbly and I can never not smile talking to her.

Speaking of Daiyana, I may just be lucky enough to see her every Wednesday and Friday at my school because Katong Convent track&field come to VJ every week for training.
This is amazingly convenient because ahhhh cousin :)

How blessed am I, really.

And when I feel insanely sad or morose, all I may do is send a quick message to friends I've kept for longer and remind them that they are loved, and I suppose that is well enough to lift my spirits.

This is so cliché I cannot take it but it is so relevant and true.
So now I am armed against those fortnight hormones I guess.
I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment