Sunday, March 10, 2013

give you all my heart

I just thought this would be helpful in deciphering why, when you infuse certain words into your sentences, I may unnecessarily perk up.

A Friendly Guide to Words That Any Shipper Can Never Read Like Normal People Do
1. Ship
What it is: A romantic pairing (relationship) between two characters/people that may or may not be real; used in fanfictions (yay fanfics).
What it is not: 


2. (Head)cannon 
What it is: A storyline in fics that ACTUALLY happened.
What it is not:



What makes a ship sink?
When other ships have a cannon.


3. Beard
What it is: A man or a woman used as a cover for a gay person.
What it is not:


4. Coming out (I thought people might know what this essentially means, but I guess not)
What it is: The act of someone publicly declaring his not-straight orientation.
What it is not:


5. Angst
What it is: One of three pillars for fanfics; hideous concoction of depression made up of words.
What it is not: It actually is what it means tho.

6. Fluff
What it is: Second pillar; fics that make you want to sob and die, but in a good way because everything is overflowing with sweetness and happiness and love.
What it is not:


7. Smut
What it is: Third pillar; when stuff happens in fics.
What it is not: 


8. Come (verb/noun)
What it is: Can I not say. Also if you say this word I will get the giggles like the immature schoolgirl I am.
What it is not:



9. Top
What it is: gives.
What it is not:


10. Bottom
What it is: receives.
What it is not:


Yes, many tumblr arguments between Larry shippers revolve around this top/bottom matter.
Huh.

These are basic ones.
I'm just..saying.
Been gnawing at me for about a million years.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just love you forever? But seriously, bowing down to you, right now. Salute, and everything else that comes with showing appreciation and gratitude because of your beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes you can :) ;)
    You sing such praises but good 'cause I spent an hour late at night doing this out of boredom and stuff.
    beautiful souls unite man.

    ReplyDelete