Sunday, March 31, 2013

crying all night, drinking all summer

Damn 2012 and I'm still reeling over Take Care Drake you are brilliant.

Because Shot For Me opens with

i can see it in your eyes, you're angry
regret got shit on what you're feeling now
mad 'cause he aint like me
can't you see, that i made it 
yeah i made it
first i made you who you are
and then i made it
and you're wasted with your ladies
yeah i'm the reason why you're always getting faded

take a shot for me

and the next verse starts with

okay look, i'm honest
girl i can't lie, i miss you
you & the music were the only things that i commit to
i never cheated for the record back when i was with you
but you believed in everything but me girl, i don't get you

which leads to

take a shot for me

once again, but then you suddenly realise it's two very different shots we're talking about here.

take a shot for me: get drunk because I ruined your life and you left me and it's your fault that happened I'm not sorry
take a shot for me: give me a chance to love you again I'm worth it I promise take me back I beg you

It took me one year to get this.
The ambivalence in this one track, I mean.
One year.

This is why I don't ever tire of listening to Take Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment