Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hier...

To get to the Animal Farm play, I took the MRT to Dhoby Ghaut and took a taxi from there. Luckily it was a lady driver. PHEW! :) And Nicole waited for me at the place! Though I was almost late. :O Thanks so so SO much! :D

I remembered thay were giving out free mystery badges in packets. Of course, I took one. And it said 'Fun'. :)

We sat as a level, meaning, me, Kimmie, Nicole, Alyssa, and Xuannie. :) And I liked seeing a second Alyssa on stage. :) And I thought the play was pretty innovative. With bits of Singaporean culture very visible. Like when in place of 'corn', they used the malay translation that is 'jagung'. Haha so cute. :) And the propaganda posters that said 'Four legs good, two legs BETTER' was multilingual. :) That is SO cool. And seeing the board of the commandments right there? Awesome.

And I don't know, the question-and-answer session made me think. A lot. I did not realise Animal Farm the Play is such a universal thing. I mean, see it's all down to INTERPRETATION and DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES. And oh I don't know, I think it's just so...hmm how to say... enlightening? :P I felt like I was paying for the end session. There was this guy, I remember who had such a lovely little analysis of the play. I tell you, if he were an SC student, he would have gotten full marks for any test on Animal Farm. :) And if he were our TEACHER...

It all ended quite late, at about 10.45 pm. And guess what? My parents wanted to go to Beach Road food court and have a late supper. We did, of course. (The mee goreng and mutton chop was yummy. P:) And I went home super late, at almost 12 am.

But I remember, on the way home, I fell asleep in the car, thinking about
a) How to improve my horrible results
b) How to survive the day after (today)
c) How wonderful my friends (levelmates) are
only to be jolted awake suddenly by my mother with the song 'I made it' playing in the background.

Yeah, maybe. I DID make it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment