Monday, April 19, 2010

Le dessert avant le plat principal

Today started very, VERY shittily. First, I woke up at 5.35 am instead of the 5 am I was hoping for. Next, I forgot that my left contact lens was in the case when I poured the solution out, so the lens dropped into the sink. And I was like 'Oh my shit.' But luckily it sticked to the side of my sink so that's like so damn lucky. If not $70 would have gone down the drain, literally.

And that stupid effing Physics Test which I most DEFINITELY screwed up. I won't be surprised if I even FAIL. But whatever. And then I was falling asleep through History and Geog which were back-to-back. Why are they called Humanities when those very subjects can be so INHUMANE at times? Stupid names.

Then after that I waited until 3.30 for my sister because I THOUGHT she had gym. But she did not so I waited for NOTHING. And since we were going to the airport after that, Mama offered to pick me up from school and then immediately go to the airport.

After that , things started to get much, much, MUCH better. Like, phew! Because Shireen was there(Not Haiqal and Daiyana of course they can't be bothered I bet they don't even know Nyai is going umrah). And yeah, blah blah blah. We were sending Nyai for her umrah(if that is not already apparent).

(I'm sorry details might get a little messy from here. <:) )

Well, to cut a long story short, at the airport I drank a cup of DELICIOUS hot chocolate. :d And then while waiting for 6.30 to come, we patronised Polar cafe version. And my oh my, we ate and ate and ate and ate and stuffed ourselves with their puffs, cakes, eclairs, etc, etc.

I had a big slice of YUMMY moist chocolate cake. ;) NICE. I had so much chocolate in me. Like dessert before the main course.

AND THEN...
Soon after, we sent Nyai. :( She's gonna be gone for 2 weeks. :( Not that I visit her every week, but. Must all my favourite grandparents(maternal side) go first?

And suddenly, I had this sudden urge to do footdrill?! Not that I like footdrill much or something. But I tell you, the feeling was very peculiar. I wanted to the 'Hormat menerima barang ke hadapan hormat' command most especially. I was like (half-march) check up check down check check, check up check down check check, check up check down check, turn check bang, etc etc etc. Maybe it's nerves. Will I get promoted this Thursday?

One more thing that made my day.

Since this morning, I was begging, BEGGING the radio station to play Gravity by Pixie Lott(in my head of course). But in the morning it didn't, what ARE the odds anyway. :(
BUT! On the way to the airport they played it! :D And after one lame song, they played the song I next feel very connected with, that is Thinking of You by Katy Perry. What ARE the odds, eh? :) Because these two songs really remind me of someone whom I am just horribly and wrongly obsessed with, too much for my own good actually.

Everytime I'm ready to leave
I seem to be pulling in the wrong direction
Diving in with no protection
And you can't keep steering me wrong
How gravity
Pulling me back, pulling me in
Why you pulling me back, pulling me in
Just like gravity

Be quiet, let me leave let me go
Don't say another word
'Cause with every sound
You pulling me down
Baby, you gotta hold on me
Like gravity

Comparisons are easily done once you've
Had a taste of perfection
Like an apple hanging
From a tree
I picked the, ripest one
I still got the seed

You said move on, where do I go?
I guess that second best is all I will know

'Cause when I'm with him,
I am thinking of you
Thinking of you
What you would do
If you were the one who was
Spending the night
Oh, I wish that I
Were looking into your eyes


Can't wait to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment